New Vehicle Prepaid Maintenance FAQ
Mercedes-Benz Star Service Prepaid Maintenance FAQ For New Vehicles
- Some other luxury vehicle manufacturers include “free” maintenance in the sale of every vehicle. Why does Mercedes-Benz sell its maintenance separately?
Answer: Maintenance is never truly “free.” These manufacturers add the cost of maintenance into the price of their vehicles, so even though it is not called out separately, you are still paying for the service. Mercedes-Benz gives our customers the option to choose, providing transparency in maintenance costs and the convenience of not having to worry about these costs later on. The customer can decide on the best approach to suit their driving habits.
- Do I need to return to the same dealership where I purchased the plan to service my vehicle?
Answer: Purchase of a Mercedes-Benz Pre-Owned Prepaid Maintenance plan does not confine you to only one dealership for your service needs. The plan follows you, so if you require service when you’re on the road – or if you relocate – your plan will be honored at any authorized participating Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Why do I need a maintenance plan for my Mercedes-Benz?
Answer: The Mercedes-Benz pre-owned Prepaid Maintenance plan is designed to maximize the service life of your vehicle’s components and systems for optimum performance. The plan provides you with value; up to 30% savings versus purchasing maintenance as you go, and a convenient way to service your vehicle without the worry of having to pay later on – so you can avoid unwanted surprises.
- I’m already paying a lot for the vehicle; why should I spend more money on a maintenance plan?
Answer: Lease contracts require manufacturer-specified maintenance to ensure trouble-free vehicle performance and to protect residual value. The plan is a smart way to “lock in” the cost of future maintenance so you can guard against any potential price increase for parts – you may actually save up to 30% versus buying maintenance as you go.
- Why would I choose to purchase a maintenance plan if I’m leasing my vehicle?
Answer: Even when you are leasing your vehicle, you are responsible for all needed maintenance and repairs as described by the terms in the lease agreement. Lease customers who purchase a Mercedes-Benz Start Service Prepaid Maintenance plan may receive a residual increase lowering monthly payments and making the cost of Prepaid Maintenance as low as $10/month. Paying in advance may save you up to 30%
- Is the Mercedes-Benz Star Service Prepaid Maintenance plan cancellable?
Answer: No. The Mercedes-Benz Star Service plan cannot be canceled as is non-refundable. No refunds will be given if your lease is terminated early or if the lease term is less than the coverage period.
- Can I still receive a required service if I exceed a 10,000 miles interval?
Answer: Yes, however, the Mercedes-Benz Star Service Prepaid Maintenance plan requires that you service your vehicle within the following parameters:
- A vehicle will not be eligible for a 10,000 miles interval service after exceeding 3,000 miles past that 10,000 miles interval.
- Is this plan transferable?
Answer: Yes, if you are selling to an individual you may transfer any remaining coverage. Please contact your local dealer for directions on how to transfer your plan.